Developed from scientific and clinical research since 2005, the ARTAS Robotic System is a state-of-the-art medical device that safely and effectively extracts hair grafts for FUE transplantation.
Rigorously tested and cleared by the FDA and other international regulatory bodies, the ARTAS® is the world’s only Robotic System for hair transplant surgery automation, and allows our highly trained surgeons to achieve larger cases of truly outstanding results, safely and efficiently.
The Farjo Hair Institute utilises the 9x version of the ARTAS robot released in 2017 giving the most sophisticated and powerful advancement; ARTAS 9x Advantages include: Increased Performance, Advanced Vision System, Improved Site Making, Enhanced Ergonomic Design, One Touch Arm Positioning & Increased Procedure Efficiency
Actor & Farjo Patient Sanjeev Bhaskar meets the Farjo ARTAS® back in 2015!
Actor & Comedian, Sanjeev Bhaskar OBE, & Dr Bessam Farjo,...
Your step-by-step ARTAS® FUE treatment
While no two ARTAS® FUE procedures are ever exactly identical, they do follow the same essential steps from start to finish.
Here’s an insight into what you can expect upon entering a Farjo Hair Institute clinic.
- Having discussed your hair loss and the treatment options available to you at your consultation with one of our experts, you decide on FUE and book an appointment for your treatment
- Currently, using the ARTAS® robot, we are able to safely transfer up to 2,500 follicular unit grafts (that is over 5000 hairs) in a single session that will last all day. It may be possible to carry out two such sessions on consecutive days in order to achieve higher numbers e.g. 3000 grafts or more
- The minimum grafts numbers to justify using the ARTAS® is 1200, and this will necessitate us shaving the entire back and sides of the scalp on the day
- You will be given a mild sedative and local anaesthetic in both the donor and recipient areas
- The discomfort you feel for a few minutes when being given the anaesthetic (similar to what you feel when undergoing dental work) is the only sensation you feel throughout your treatment
- Once the anaesthetic has taken effect, the procedure begins normally by your doctor creating the recipient sites for the grafts. This is the design step that will shape the result of your hair transplant
- The extraction of the follicular unit grafts will follow in our dedicated ARTAS® operating room
- Eventually this will leave a large number of very small and subtle dot scars, instead of the fine linear scar of strip FUT
- The entire procedure is very clean and, when complete, no bandages or dressings are required in most cases
- Due to the nature of the technique, there may be a higher rate of hair transection and, therefore, potential wastage. We have a wide array of specialised tools in addition to the ARTAS® to ensure graft quality in any circumstance
- FUE grafts can also be more vulnerable due to the fact that there tends to be less protective tissue around the roots – extra care is taken in graft handling and storage to ensure optimum survival
- Within half an hour of the treatment ending, you can be on your way home – although we highly recommend you do NOT drive, so we advise that you make arrangements to get home by taxi or public transport or get picked up by a friend or family member
- With the expertise we can offer at every stage of the procedure, we can produce results that are virtually undetectable – even under the closest scrutiny.